Виртуальный Владимир » Город Владимир » Old Russian Towns » Suzdal » Historic buildings » Monastery of St. Basil Виртуальный Владимир
отправить ссылку другу версия для печати  
Город Владимир
Путешествие по древним городам Владимирской земли
Старый Владимир
Old Russian Towns
Памятники архитектуры
Музеи
Музеи, экспозиции
Город Суздаль
История Суздаля
Герб суздаля
Архитектура Суздаля
Музеи Суздаля
Досуг и развлечения
Где поесть во Владимире
Где поспать во Владимире
Что можно посмотреть во Владимире
Где поесть в Суздале
Где поспать в Суздале
Что можно посмотреть в Суздале

...
On the way to the Cathedral of the Nativity
Cathedral of the Nativity
Archbishops palace and bell-tower
Church of St. Nicholas
Church oi St. Boris and St. Gleb
Monastery of St. Dmitri
Church of St. Nicholas
Church of St. Cosmas and St. Damian
Church of the Sign
market place
Church of John the Baptist
Church of the Entry into Jerusalem
Gostiny Dvor
Church of the Resurrection
Church oi the Emperor Constantino
Church of St. Lazarus
Convent of the Deposition of the Robe
Holy Gates
Cathedral of the Deposition of the Robe
Trinity Cathedral
Monastery of St. Alexander
brick kiln
Church of Tanners Settlement
Church of Our Lady of Tikhvin
Church of St. Peter and St. Paul
Convent ot the Intercession
Church of the Conception
Spaso-Yevfimiev Monastery
Cathedral oi the Transfiguration
Church of Our Lady of Smolensk
17th century house
Monastery of St. Basil
Yuri Dolgorukys castle
Church oi St. Boris and St. Gleb

From here we move on to one of the earliest surviv­ing specimens of Vladimir-Suzdalian architecture, the twelfth-century church in Kideksha.

We set off from the main square. On the way we pass another interesting seventeenth-century building, the cathedral of the Monastery of St. Basil which was founded in the thirteenth century as one of the town's defensive outposts. Parts of the present walls date back to the seventeenth century. The cathedral was built between 1662-1669 in place of an old wooden, tent-shaped church. It has the same two-pillared structure that we observed earlier in the Church of St. Lazarus. Unlike the festive appearance of the latter standing with its five domes in a busy part of the town near to the market place, the cathedral of this monastery outside the town produces a very austere impression. It has three domes like the old cathedral in the kremlin, small portals and a few plain windows. Nearby stands the two-storey re­fectory Church of the Purification built at the end of the seventeenth century and remarkable for its intersecting double-hipped roof similar to that on the church of the Archbishop's Palace in the kremlin. The cathedral, refec­tory church and walls were all restored in 1959-1961 by V. V. Gasperovich.


Комментарии:

Оставить комментарий:
Имя или Ник:    Email:

Введите число, указанное на картинке: